Standalone & VHFO Models FAQ (For Car Rat Repellent, Please scroll down)
- How does this ultrasonic repellent work?
Answer: This rat deterrent unit emits ultrasonic sound waves to create an acoustically hostile environment that repels rodents, this frequency of sound will induce auditory stress to rodents and make them to move away. It is best bet than traps, it is chemical free and completely inaudible to people and non-rodent pets.
- Will rodent get used to this repellent after a period of time?
Answer: Definitely No! The unit uses a complex "swept" sound frequency with multiple "peaks". The intensity, complexity and changing frequencies prevent rodents from getting used to the sound emitted.
- Can ultrasound irritate family pets?
Answer: Family pets like dogs and cats will not get disturbed by this frequency. This ultrasonic rodent repellent will only affect rodents, rats, mouse, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs and squirrels.
- Does ultrasound penetrate through walls or other rooms?
Answer: No. Actually, ultrasonic waves behave more like light than sound. You will have to install separate unit in another room where you have rodent problem.
- What area / square footage does the ultrasonic wave cover?
Answer: It depends upon on each individual room or space. Since the ultrasound is too fragile, sound wave may dispel rapidly with distance, and it may have reduced effect on rodents more than 20 feet from the unit. If the room/ godown is too large with lot of furniture, products or barriers, you will need to install more than one unit for maximum effectiveness.
- Does Ultrasonic Rodent Repellent really work? Any research done?
An independent research University "University of Nebraska - Lincoln" had conducted a detailed research in the year 1984 to assess the efficacies of ultrasonic rodent repellent devices in the laboratory where no other rodent control was conducted at the study sites other than the application of ultrasonic devices. Test Report concludes that "Rodents under test could either leave the buildings or move to alternate non-ultrasonically treated areas." Source: Efficacy Test Protocols For Evaluation Of Ultrasonic Rodent Repellent Devices - University of Nebraska - Lincoln (Please click the download button in the University website or download same copy in PDF format directly here)
- What will be the power consumption?
Answer: Power consumption will be only 2 watts for 24 hours. So 2 watts x 24 Hrs. multiplied into 31 days = 1488 watts per month / 1000 = 1.5 KWH (Applies to basic models only)
- Will it be controlled from the same day of installation or How long it will take to curb rat menace after installing?
Answer: It will take minimum 6 -7 days to reduce and stop rodent activity. Within two or three weeks, or sooner, you should see a reduction in the pest activity (sighting of pests and droppings, and damage). If not, you may need one or more additional units.
- What is the durability of the Unit?
Answer: Estimated service life of this unit is 5-6 years.
- Does it control other pest like cockroaches, ants or insects etc.
Answer: Some insects can repel to the ultrasonic sound, but we do not assure this unit can also control other pest problems.
- Does the ultrasonic rodent repellents chase rats in all places efficiently any exclusions?
Answer: Repellents work efficiently in indoor premises like offices, godowns, server rooms and any other closed premises with less external noises only. The ultrasound waves will not efficiently work in the outdoors like garden, patios and any other noisy areas where are the waves gets dispersed. And also food storage areas like bakery and hotel kitchen areas are prone to food spillage and heavy infestation of rodents, in this case, rodents need to be flushed out using Glue pads or Rat traps only.
- Can this rat repellent placed in the car?
Answer: You can place this mice repellent unit in the garage or you can buy a auto model which can be fixed in the bonnet of the car.
How to Install or Place the Standalone Units
- The system should be placed pointing to the area to be protected.
- It is also ideal to mount it on a wall corner 3 to 10 feet off the floor.
- Place unit on a table, shelf or counter and fix the Transducers to the wall facing slightly down.
- Do you have False Ceiling or Raised Flooring or cabinets where rat can avoid ultrasonic sound?
If your room has false ceiling or raised flooring, you should primarily focus these areas to chase the rats breeding within these hidden places. You need to install transducers within those hidden areas to get desired results in your normal floor also. The coverage area for each transducer is within 150 Sq ft. within false ceiling and raised flooring.
- If there is any obstructions/partitions within the room?
Even if the area is less than 300 sq ft., the obstructions within the room will block the ultrasonic sound to cover the shadow side of the blockage, we would recommend to add additional transducer or standalone to cover the shadow side of the obstruction.
Repellent comes with a warranty of one year against manufacturing defects from the date of purchase. The unit will be repaired under warranty only if all the usage instructions mentioned above have been followed and the unit is neither tampered with nor damaged in anyway.
Varna Suraksha Auto (Car) Model
- What does Varna Suraksha Auto Model do to prevent rats entering car engine bay?
The repeller produces high decibel ultrasonic sound in various frequencies (disallows sound immunization to rats) at rat hearing range 20 Khz to 50 Khz and disorients them mentally.Thereby, the rats which have entered the engine bay cannot adjust to the sound. It leaves without damaging any part of the car engine.
- How long will it take to see the results after installing the repellent?
It may take between 5-7 days to see the desired results. The habitual rats which are visiting your car repeatedly comes to check if it can settle within the car engine, since the high decibel ultrasonic sound is continuously heard, it cannot settle or damage any parts. In this process, you may notice some rat trail marks or dropping even after installing for some days.
- Will rats completely stop coming to car after few months?
New rats may gain entry to mark its new territory or find fur for nesting or gnash its teeth on steel parts, but the repeller does not allow the rats to settle or damage. You may see some marks or rat droppings also, those rats may leave the place soon.
- Where to fix this Repeller?
To be installed within the engine bay, preferably speaker facing towards the bonnet to efficiently re-bounce the ultrasonic sound to every corner of the engine bay. Please refer some samples here. The installation takes hardly 15 minutes for a car mechanic.
- What do I do when the hood has insulation foam within?
Since the insulation foams absorbs the ultrasonic sound and does not reflect 100%, it is recommended to stick an aluminum sticker within the hood. Or you can also face towards any metallic part of the car engine.
- How to install when battery is in rear side?
The power option will be provided within the front engine bay, please check the pictures here.
- How to take care of the repellent from water damage while water servicing?
You need to cover the repellent with plastic cover before water servicing. The buzzer may get damaged by high pressure water. Please remember to uncover the protection after servicing.
- What is the power consumption?
The repeller consumes very low power (less than 60 milli amps), you can keep the car idle for nearly 15 days.
- What is the life of the repeller?
It is like any other electronic product, our customers are using since many years.
Some of our Clients listed using Varna Suraksha Products -
Banking & Finance
Drugs, Medical Equipment & Pharmaceuticals
Infrastructure Developers & Interior Decorators
Food & Hospitality
Ultrasonic Rodent Repellent Products Appreciated by PETA